Petrie House

1422 Leer Street

  • Date: 1900
  • Style: 20th- century functional
  • District: Lincolnway East
  • Rating: Non-contributing

A retired couple, George and Anne Petrie, had this house built in 1900, and only lived here a short time. They sold the house in 1911 to Elmira Augustine, who then sold it in 1913 to Alonzo Milburn, who was employed by the Studebaker Corporation. Mr. Milburn lived in the house until 1917, when it was purchased by real estate developer, Delmar Leer. In 1919, he sold the property to Charlotte Benz, who used it as rental property.

Full List of Properties

1422 Leer Street

Image credit: Historic Preservation Commission of South Bend and St. Joseph County

Image credit: Historic Preservation Commission of South Bend and St. Joseph County
Image credit: Historic Preservation Commission of South Bend and St. Joseph County