<517 South Carroll Street>
- Date: 1885
- Style: L-plan
- District: Taylor's Field
- Rating: Non-contributing
This structure was built c. 1885, possibly by Col. Lathrop M. Taylor, a pioneer of South Bend. His daughter, Mary Taylor Nicar, inherited the house and used it as a rental. In 1914, it was rented to Walter Nichols, who bought the property in 1919. Mr. Nichols was superintendent of the Northern Indiana Gas and Electric Company.